Magnetic Drive Pump:
The magnetic drive pump has been a mainstay in the aquarium and fountain making industry for decades. With advances in manufacturing technologies the true magnetic drive pump was introduced into the pond industry several years back and has enjoyed brisk sales from consumers. Its small size and price make them a good choice for fountain statuary or very small pond systems.
A true magnetic drive pump can be identified by the following characteristics:
• It contains an actual magnet at the core of its impeller assembly;
• It has an impeller with straight or hinged paddles allowing it to spin in either direction;
• The electrical motor is encapsulated in resin with the impeller assembly as only moving part;
• Pump will consume very little power when operating;
• Inexpensive purchase price.